Meet Dr. Mark Kolozenski
Dr. Mark Kolozenski is a periodontist in the Chicagoland area with over 20 years of clinical experience. He graduated from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 1990 and completed his specialty residency in Periodontics at University of Texas at Houston in 1993. Dr. Kolozenski’s practice is focused on dental implants and periodontal reconstructive procedures, such as immediate implants, TeethXpress(R), bone and sinus grafting, and soft tissue regeneration. Dr. Kolozenski utilizes 3D imaging and guided implant surgical protocol. He is a member of the American Academy of Periodontology, American Dental Association, Illinois State Dental Society, Chicago Dental Society, and has published numerous articles. In his free time, Dr. Kolozenski enjoys skiing, golfing, playing the guitar, and spending time with his three kids.
Dr. Kolozenski's experienced and compassionate staff is by your side to serve your every need! They will ensure you are always comfortable and use their years of experience to answer any questions you may have. Dr. Kolozenski and his team are constantly attending continuing education courses to provide their patients with the best care possible!
- University of Texas at Houston, Periodontal Residency Program / Masters Degree, 1993
- Indiana University School of Dentistry, Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1990
- Wabash College, Bachelor of Arts, 1986
- MK Periodontics and Implants, Frankfort, IL, August 2014-Present
- Advanced Family Dental Care, Crest Hill, IL, April 2014-August 2019
- Orland Park Dental Specialists /Lincoln Park Dental Specialists, Chicago, IL, August 1993-March 2014
- 8000 implants placed, many as immediate implants
- 3600 connective tissue graft cases with excellent results
- 25 all-on-4 implant reconstruction cases
- over 10,000 quadrants of pocket reduction therapy
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Greater Chicago Implant Center, Co-Founder
- Illinois Society of Periodontists
- Illinois State Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Midwest Society of Periodontists
- Selective Member: ITI Implant Round Table
Publications / Presentations
- Kolozenski, M., Titanium Reinforced Gore-Tex Configurations, Regentech Review, Jan. 1995; Vol. 2, No. 1.
- Implant Reconstruction: Fully and Partially Edentulous Patients, U. of Texas, Houston; June 1996.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery: Connective Tissue Grafting Applications, Root coverage in areas of gingival recession: A review of 500 consecutive cases. Greater Chicago Implant Center; Spring 1997.
- ITI Round Table Forum, Boston, MA., Summer 1997.
- Single Tooth Implants: One surgical procedure, ITI system; 250 consecutive cases, Greater Chicago Implant Center, Spring 1998.
- Gargiulo, A., Manos, T., Kolozenski, M., Cravatta, C., Basic Surgical Principles for Implant Placement, Review CDS, March/April 2004.
- Gargiulo A., Manos, T., Kolozenski, M., Cravatta, C., Implant Positioning in Partially Edentulous Patients, Review CDS, May/June 2004.
- Cravatta, C., Manos, T., Kolozenski, M., Gargiulo A., Development of the Acceptable Implant Site from the Unacceptable, Review CDS, July/August 2004.
- Kolozenski, M., Gargiulo, A., Cravatta, C., Manos, T., Same-Day Immediate Implant Placement, Temporization and Loading, Review CDS, September/October 2004.